Saturday, January 15, 2011

One


One word.  That's all it takes.  To change a life forever.

Let me give you a few examples of what I mean. 

1. Onus- This is the one word that Andrew had to spell this week to win first place in his grade level spelling bee.

2. Priest- This is the one word Nicholas used during his first confession Thursday.  He was supposed to say Father.

3. Fly- This is the one thing I would have wanted to be during Nicholas' confession.  On the wall, of course.

4. Keen- This is the one word I used to change a poem at the very last minute, and yet the very word the editor did not like.

5. Freeze- This is the one word I do NOT want to hear in the weather forecast again this year.

6. Karen- This is the name of a very special friend who came to town for a visit this weekend.

Me, Andrew, Nicholas, Karen, Katie, Orb
Good or bad, words are powerful- even just one little word.  So choose wisely.  What will yours be? 

3 comments:

Mlissabeth said...

My words for your comment below? Thank you.

I know I am blessed by God's grace. To tell everyone I can about that is my purpose in life, and why I believe I have survived.

LKHarris-Kolp said...

You are a strong and courageous woman, Mlissabeth!

Jeni said...

Just one? Ugh.. Can I choose two "one words"? Hehe...
No? Okay then I choose:
Forever

I bet you know what my other word(s) are :)!

Okay I'll tell you... Unconditional & Love!

Thank u for asking my friend,
Jeni