Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Coming home

I had the pleasure of meeting up with some of my writing friends at the guild meeting tonight.  So many times I have to miss the meeting because I am too busy running the kids here and there to various activities, but tonight worked out great.  When people who share a common bond get together, it always feels like home.  You know, the warm and cozy kind of sensation that warms your heart and makes you feel as if you have not missed a beat?   That is how I feel.  It is natural to simply dive right in our writing updates with each other.

  I am very fortunate and blessed to belong to another group like that too; not a writer's group, but a different kind of group based on spiritual principles.  When I walk into a room full of these people, I am embraced by "family" who accept me just the way I am.  I get that same warm and fuzzy feeling, and the weight of the world is lifted from my shoulders as I bask in the comfort of their love.  We share a common bond that unites us. 

Do you belong to any groups?   Please feel free to leave a comment and strike up a conversation.

4 comments:

Peggy Clement said...

We have so many things in common, from a teaching background, to our love of writing, to our spiritual similarities. It is so easy to be your friend. I feel so blessed to know you and call you mine.

Linda Goin said...

I just joined the Green River Writers this weekend when I was on that writers' retreat. I know many of the members anyway from classes and seminars, so joining was just sealing the deal.

Are you on Twitter, Laurie?

LKHarris-Kolp said...

Thank you, Peggy...I am very thankful to have you as a friend, too!

Linda~ I'm not on Twitter anymore.

Jeni said...

I'm a part of a family that lives unconditionally & a group of people who share a common interest in healing! I also belong to a company that cares about me & respects me! Nice topic Laurie ;)! Love you!