Sunday, May 9, 2010

A small break- G returns tomorrow

A Letter To Heaven
by Laurie Kolp

I saw your kids
for the first time
since that day.
I was in church
and spotted them
across the way.
They looked sad
on what must be
a very dismal
Mother’s Day.
Your daughter looks
just like you
and your son
ironically does, too;
only they
appeared small
and frail,
(not much bigger
than two years ago)
scared and pale.
I hurried through
the crowd
once mass expired.
Found amid confusion
I gave them long hugs,
told them they were loved
and they smiled.
Then on the way
back to my house
a cardinal flew
in front of my view;
so I just want to say,
my dear sweet soul-
your welcome.

3 comments:

Holli said...

Really beautiful, Laurie.

LKHarris-Kolp said...

Thank you, Holli.

Jeni said...

Thank you for sharing laurie.... God is with them & so is mary! one day i will have them ~ I keep close! xoxo ~ I love that you can see them & were able to hug them. They so need the love they deserve. Mary would be loving & hugging on them everyday.