Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Another miracle...

A blessed ACTS sister from my church had this to say, and I simply could not pass up the opportunity to share it:

"When I first saw pictures of Haiti after the earthquake and (that) the people who were still alive would soon be dying if somehow food, water and medical supplies were not brought in quickly, I thought of the miracle that Jesus performed with the 5 loaves of bread and 2 fish. If only we had Jesus here. If only someone could start passing around the little food the Haitians found, and it would be multiplied enough to feed everyone.

Didn't Jesus tell us that we, the followers of Him, would also do these things, in fact, even do greater things! (John 14:12)

Jesus was one person, yet He fed thousands. We, as the Body of Christ, can also feed thousands, and I am encouraged and made stronger in faith, as I see the outpouring of humanitarian relief to the Haitians. I just heard on the news that the USA citizens have donated 210 million dollars, even though our economy is suffering and people are out of work. This is more that double what our government offered, which will also be paid by 'the people'. So, in effect, we are doing what Jesus said we could do!
God bless America and God bless Haiti."


God is all around us. I hope we can all take a minute from our busy lives to witness His grace everywhere. I know I am much happier, peaceful, and content when I do! I hope you can feel His love, too. God bless.

1 comment:

Peggy Clement said...

You are so right. It is a great joy and to feel God's love.