Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween fun and a cute story

As you can see Andrew, a.k.a. Harry Potter, is pointing to his pumpkin, who accidentally had too much candy.
Harry Potter, Miz Bumble Bee and G.I. Joe Ninja are ready for the big night. The kids had a lot of fun going trick-or-treating in their Nini and Papa's neighborhood (which is much more inviting than ours). They even got to go through a haunted house, which was a homemade treat right down the street. I had to stay at the house and help pass out candy since my Achilles tendinitis is still not healed. That was fun, too.
My dad shared a funny story that happened about ten years ago on Halloween. A group of kids came trick-or-treating and one boy was suspiciously bent down when Dad answered the door. After he closed the door, my dad turned around to find a little kitten in their living room.
So the next time the doorbell rang, he chose a cute little girl and said, "Have I got a special treat for you."
The princess excitedly answered, "Really?"
My father handed over the kitten. "Here you go," he said.
The child was so excited. I bet that was a Halloween she will never forget...and neither will her parents!

1 comment:

Jeni said...

Oh my goodness ~ what a treat!! I looooove that story! wow!