Friday, October 9, 2009

A Conversation With My Youngest


This morning, Nicholas and I had a very interesting (to say the least) conversation I'd like to share with you.

"Mom, I forgot to tell you something when I was inside your tummy," said Nicholas.

"REALLY? What's that?" I asked.

"Weeellll, I'm, uh... from a different planet."

"Your kidding! Where?"

"I'm from Mars," Nicholas answered.

I smile. "Wow- tell me about it."

"Well...it's red...and there's no water and no food."

"What did you eat then?"

"Sometimes we had to eat," he whispers, "people in our tribe."

"OOH, that's gross!" I gasped.

"But, the alien tigers tasted better," he decided.

At this point of the conversation, Andrew walked in.

"So, what did you drink when you were on Mars?" I asked.

Andrew gets this look of curiosity mixed with disdain on his big brother face. Nicholas looks at him.

"Oh, I was only kidding," he says as he walks away.

2 comments:

The Voice said...

You know aliens from Mars only share their secrets with one person...and never with an older sibling. Lol. Never know where a kid has been, especially a male one.

P.s. my sign in word is--unfed.ROFL

Jeni said...

What an active creative mind he has... the world is a better place with creative imaginations at work.. that is where we get movies and storis and dreams!!