Thursday, June 25, 2009

Bedtime Conversations

"Give me a piss."

I had just heard Pete tell this to Nicholas after we said our family nightly prayers last night, as he leaned in for a kiss.

"Did you just say piss?" I whispered to Pete as he walked by with a smile (thankfully it went over our youngest's head).

"Yes- thanks to the conversation we just had," my Marine answered.

Drew had just asked Pete the question, "Where do soldiers go to the bathroom during war?"

To which Pete had responded, "Well, son, if you are fighting for your life with the enemy surrounding you, going to the bathroom is the last thing on your mind; but if you can't hold it, sometimes you just have to pee in your pants."

Thank you all you soldiers out there, former and current, for fighting for our freedom to... (fill in the blank in comments, please).

1 comment:

Jeni said...

that's a sweet moment. Thank you for sharing that. I feel like I was there. Sweet lil Nicholas so curious. fun blog. Love you.