Monday, May 25, 2009

Friendship

Here's a picture taken with Nicholas "fairy godmother" (or so, he calls her) and my dear friend Karen. She was in town, visiting from Virginia. We had a great time seeing her and catching up on things. I hope Karen realizes how truly important she is to our family. We have missed having her around since she moved!
Friends are such an important part of our lives. I do not think God wants us to be lonely. Dr. James Dobson cites, "We human beings can survive the most difficult circumstances if we are not forced to stand alone." Even when nobody else is around He is always with us.
Lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. ~Matthew 28:20
I believe friends are like angels, sent to share our lives. Some are in our lives for a long time, others just briefly. But they make a mark on our soul, they help mold who we become. We learn from our friends. We make mistakes with our friends. And we never forget them, for as another friend, Rhonda, reminded me this weekend, they are ALWAYS in our heart. I am so grateful for all of my friends. Let's all make a point to tell a friend how special he/she truly is to us this week.

2 comments:

Debra Harris-Johnson said...

What a beautiful homage to friendships. I am so grateful for all my friends especially you. I loved the picture. I can tell the kids adore your friend.

Jeni said...

Oh Yes!!!! I believe everyone comes into our life for a reason and its up to us to recognize it, appreciate it and value it. It's wonderful that you do all of the above ~ making it wonderful to be your friend and a part of your life. You bring positive to anyone's life you touch. Thank you my dear friend.