Sunday, April 19, 2009

Today for the PADchallenge, we had to write an angry poem. Here's mine.

Teenage Drivers

That hot summer day
four years ago
when you looked down
to change the radio station
while driving fast
in your big white truck
on a curvy neighborhood street
and rammed into
my husband's small car
while he was innocently
driving home from church
with the three young kids,
changing our Saturn
into an accordian,
crushing my husband's neck
and ruining our serene life
changed my family forever.
I hate you for that,
irresponsible teenage driver!

1 comment:

Jeni said...

it really is sad how irresponsible teenagers are. Chad & i have been witnessing stupidity in the finest lately and discussing just that! kids playing chicken by running across the street taunting cars. Not GOOD!! No hate my friend... just pity. Pray for them. I love you.