Monday, April 27, 2009

Rollercoasters and Flowers

Oh, the joys of parenthood. I feel sometimes as if I am on a rollercoaster. The ups and downs I go through as a mother has me screaming at times and laughing the very next moment. But I truly love being a parent and I would ride this ride over and over again if given the choice.
As you can see, Katie broke her wrist. This makes our third fracture- the other two were on our youngest and most active- Nicholas. But Katie fell just the right way- here in our home and after complaining for a few days, I took her in. I really did not think it would be anything serious, since Katie is our "drama queen," but the doctor said she had injured the growth plate in her wrist and a cast was needed. Of course, Katie has loved wearing her pink cast and getting all the attention at school- what girl wouldn't. The cast is now full of signatures and she can keep it forever, which I would have done too, when I was her age.
Even though parenthood has its challenges, the joy that comes with it is as beautiful as a springtime flower. I am grateful to be a mom- sickness, broken bones, nightmares and all. The ride is a rollercoaster of memories I will cherish forever.

2 comments:

grandma-on-the-go.blogspot.com said...

Oh the joys of parent hood. but one day they will be grown and you wont remember all the challenges.
Keep up your poetry. It's a good way to remember

Jeni said...

I love the pink cast... wish i had that when i broke my leg.... I have a great picture of me & mary sitting outside with me in my cast. Hope you are okay my friend.. i've been way too busy and miss calling you. Love you, Jeni