Sunday, April 19, 2009

On A Happy Note...


Today Pete and I, along with the kids, attended our godson's baptism. We are so honored to be baby Jack's godparents. The baptism was beautiful and Pete and I were so happy to be standing with our friends. It doesn't seem like that long ago when we were having our children baptized. I always had great anticipation for the big day because I would worry about the baby crying, nap schedules being interrupted and things like that, but this time I got to sit back and relax. I was able to help the mother with her child, and that was so nice. The whole baptism seemed longer today, but Pete said it was always that long- I was just too wrapped up in "mommyhood" to notice. Everything about the ceremony touched me. Can you believe our kids sat behind us nicely in a pew, watching their parents become godparents? They were so good. I am truly grateful for this day.

1 comment:

Jeni said...

Wow!! I'm impressed. What grateful, respectful kids you have. Congratulations on becoming a Godparent... that is a huge compliment. It means your friend admires and trust your parenting to take on their own child if anything were to happen.