Thursday, January 8, 2009

Job Joy

Today is my first day back to my new part-time job as a preschool art teacher. You should have seen me last night- prancing around the living room, rejoicing to the fact that I am a "working woman" again and get to go to work the next day.

Wish me luck. What could have happened before the holidays did, plus more. Let's see- where do I begin?

1. The first day's lesson required GLITTER, cotton balls and glue. Need I say more?

2. Oh, the last class of the day had a glitter party on their own accord- art is so fun.

3. The next day we dealt with paint and an unhappy coworker (- I forgot about working with a lot of women).

4. Then there was the day I had the big bucket of soapy water for the little kiddos to wash their hands in that was accidentally spilled all over the floor (last class again).

Yet, I am very optimistic about my day today because I have had a nice refreshing break and have been praying constantly. I love the kids and they love me- isn't that all that really matters anyway?

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow! What a fresh perspective....the idea of prancing around rejoicing in being a working woman! I would do good to remember that!

LKHarris-Kolp said...

Yeah- it's just so nice to get away from the house after 7 years of being a stay-at-home mom.

Jeni said...

Oh Laurie!! That is soooo wonderful! You make such a beautiful teacher. You are a power of example for all kids to see!
Love you & have fun doing what you are destined to do!
Do what you love & love what you do!!! TEACH!